Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On My 116

Romans 1:16 states for I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 


It's been a couple of years since I gave my life to Christ but little did I know what I was truly getting myself into. Since the summer before my freshman year of college, he has pursued me relentlessly and changed me from the inside out. I dont know why he has chosen me, or what he thinks I have that will glorify his Kingdom, but I accept the Grace and move forward in the implications of the gospel. The hardest thing for me as a college student has been to make sure im not living a double life. What I mean is to be a Christian when I feel like it, and yet live completely worldly when being Christian isn't cool. I have wrestled with TITUS 1:16 (They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good) enough to understand that I for a long time have honestly struggled with proclaiming his name. Craig Groeschel calls this Christian Atheism... which is where people believe in God but live as if he doesn't exist. As much as I hate to admit it I can honestly say that I struggle with this "Christian Atheism" and through the power of Jesus believe that I can shed this hypocrisy off of my life. Since that summer that I met God its been a journey that has brought me to "sun stand still faith", and radical obedience. 


Bear Fruit is the title of my blog, and just to be clear this is not a blog for me but for everyone to grow in Jesus Christ. If it doesn't suit you im sorry, and im not ashamed. I pray that this will affect your spirit and churn your inner gutt to the core. Lastly this was birthed out of prayer... not wanting to be noticed. It wont just be me writing but other students who have graduated from milk to meat. So without further ado,


Welcome... to Bear Fruit.
My name is Russell Gaither

8 comments:

  1. I love this bro. Live boldly brother! Something that I have really been challenged with lately is Matt 6:33. Lets do this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. phenomenal Bro! God is using you to change the world I see.. I love it! You're amazing! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! May God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cool man. cliqueoftims@gmail.com is on the same thing. I will be posting your blog on my next outgoing emails. But you on it and may God continue to bless and grow you spiritually

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could u get tht logo on a T-shirt!? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yooo quick question could I use your logo?

    ReplyDelete