Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Week Of Poetry: Day 4

On day four we have a special poetic story that should make you smile and realize that there has always been only one true love. 

Revelation 12:12
(“Therefore Rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth
and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”)

By Camara Bensinger

Once
upon a time,
Darkness draped over the dawn,
Shrinking a relentless light into grey shadows.
A wicked prince peddled promises
To carry out his hastened plan,
For he knew that the triumph of his time would be short.
“I will begin with wo-man.”
he whispered a wounding whirl
Of lies
Into the ears of every girl.

Each one groaned from their emptiness,
“I feel such shame.”
“I will tame the pain
you speak of.
There is no cure
But I can make sure
that the gaping cracks will be further filled for you,
Let me tell you what to do.”
“What must I do?”
The girls cried out.

the prince answered,
“You are too pretty to ignore
But..
I can make you more.
If you would just do one small thing,
All will sing
Your praises.”
False hope was born from each girl’s desperation.

the prince continued in a lullaby,
“Dream my dream
of love, fame, and green.
Don’t you see
what this world has destined you to be?
An alluring apple awaits
for you to have a taste,

If you would just …
Become a disciple of
Sleeping Beauty.
Cover yourself in Cover Girl,
Drink this lipstick,
Let yourself trip
over a taste for testosterone.
Search high and low
and kiss every passing toad.
I will give you your dream abode.

I will make your worth surpass the finest gems,
If you would just obey
and sing along to my loving hymns…
Your home will have perfect, picketed
white fence, with a lawn
as neatly manicured as nails.
There can only be happy trails…
If you just follow me.

One by one,
The prince’s listeners fell into the pits of fallacy.
It began to feel like their home.
Propelled by the prince’s
mounting promises and fading gifts,
the girls ignored the emptiness
that always returned
when the satisfaction of each gift expired.
The girls obeyed without question.
They found his words
to be pretty and plausible.

Relentless in repeating
Youthful charades that the prince had ordered,
The girls danced through their years,
Singing along to the lullabies
of the prince’s lies.

But when the prince’s time met its end,
the rightful heir claimed His throne.
The sunlight of the imprisoned dawn seized the darkness.
As the true King’s blood was shed,
the prince, who once reigned, fled.
The powerful prince had lost.
And Hope carved and shaped itself into a Cross.

The King spoke tenderly to His battered Kingdom
“I am the LORD.”
I do not speak in seductive soliloquies or rotting riddles,
I tell you the truth,
I speak the Word of freedom- My breath busts through
the tightly bonded atoms of iron shackles,
Freeing you from the prison
You purchased with the earnings of your sin.

I am the LORD.
Yesterday yells to beckon you back
to your graveyard.
Like Lazarus, called out of his tomb,
I rescued you,
summoning you out
of the unrequited ruins
You resided in- yet still cling to.
You once were an orphan,
a mere tourist of My Kingdom, but
I do not settle for less than your full adoption.

I am the LORD.
I stopped the stones
pegged toward your path,
just as I did for Mary Magdalene.
Remember My beloved Samaritan.
I lured you out of loneliness,
away from the taunted water of your well,
into my arms- holding you more gently
than prince and man.

I am the LORD.
I formed the mouth of your spirit to devour
My living water.
I draped your faultless hair as a cooling curtain
for your hand made head.
I smeared My choice of colors atop your flesh.
I synced the sound of your voice to My liking.
I stretched the width
of your waist to Perfection.
You are a matchless beauty,
who wallows over the enticement
of unneeded revision and alteration.
As the perfect potter, I molded man
Without rough draft and error.
I am the LORD.

I clothed your shame, counseled its origin,
and courted its restoration.
I awakened your true self to see
that it was I who wrapped you up in wonder,
sealed you in safety,
and addressed you to Myself.
I am the love story you have waited for.
I am the LORD.”

No comments:

Post a Comment