Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Week Of Poetry: Day 6

Today is the second to last day of a week of poetry and we can thank Nicky MacKain and Fabiana Laplante for there lyrical rhymes and reasons.


Untitled
By Nicky MacKain

A sore mind and weak knees,
Torn jeans and dirty white T's,
A thousand cries and desperate pleas,
Temptation deceptive like the cool breeze,
Satan beginning his deadly squeeze,
This is when my Faith walk tends to freeze,
Gaps in my Faith looking like swiss cheese,
My Spiritual breath turns into a wheeze,
I'm desparately in need of a Savior who frees,
He can turn my life around 180 degrees!

Started life off and went the wrong way,
Venturing so far astray,
My Faith began to sway,
My progress would delay,
Black and white, but I was caught in the gray,
Trying to identify the demons I needed to slay,
But then this Man took all my worries away,
He paid a price I could never pay,
He turned my dark life into the brightest day,
He is my Coach and I execute His play!

So often I tend to backslide,
And its always due to my pride,
That arrogance is hard to hide,
I know the rules in which to abide,
But I often don't treat Jesus like my Bride,
Life has been overwhelming and I cried,
Waking up hoping my sinful nature died,
But that idea got fried,
Its not that easy of a ride,
You need strong Christians in which to confide,
But when you put it all aside,
What happens when God and pride,
Ultimately collide?
Guess who ends up face down with arms open wide?

God marked my life like a stain,
Sending my old life down the drain,
The old habits that brought all the pain,
At the Hand of the Father will all be slain,
Its been a wild ride ever since I boarded this train,
The things I've seen are radically insane,
It messes with my brain,
How Christ will always sustain,
His Love that will forever remain,
Pumping through my every vein,
Washing me clean like a delicate rain,
Tearing me free from sin's bondage chain,
My King will return like a lion with it's mane,
And I am forever His servant, Nicky MacKain!!



Untitled
By Fabiana Laplante

Stop being afraid to break!
We hit the brakes
whenever we get
too close to the truth,

Knowing when we hear it
we will break -
Break down the veil that has
for long covered our eyes

Once the truth pierces our world
like a needle to a helium-filled balloon
Life as we know it explodes before
our very eyes.

We're afraid to shatter like glass
so we stay stiff like rigor mortis
But no need for an autopsy
because the cause of death is sin.

We lose touch of reality
until something breaks
and then our whole world
starts crumbling down.

There is a God and
He came into our mess
and did not hesitate
to be broken for us,

His words echoed
"This is my body
that has been made
broken for you."
Don't be afraid to be broken!

No comments:

Post a Comment